Tuesday 29 December 2009

Beads I want to eat

Hello. It's Bronny, Victoria's daughter and I've sneaked into her studio today to make a few bits and bobs after I saw that she still hasn't made something marvellous using the gorgeous citrine beads we bought together in Norwich. A crime indeed, they look good enough to eat!
I've come up with this chunky necklace and bracelet set which, to my relief, Mum approves of. It will be going on the mypearlbox website, along with some other new stuff early in 2010 so look out for it.
We've been making a lot of chunkier stuff since the discoverey of the Aladdins cave-esque bead shop near my house. It's like climbing the staircase to beaders heaven as the wonderful lady there spends hours helping us choose our bowl fulls of goodies telling us of her travels to source them. Is it just me or do these sorts of places make other people regress to being 6 and become practically paralysed by the sight of sparkles, natural and dyed colours and miniture works of art that flow down the the walls around you?! I am yet to tell a single non-crafty type who hasn't responded to my squeals of delight with a dissaproving look and words to the the effect that my life may be more sheltered than a 'normal' 27 year old single girl.
Anyway, roll on 2010 may it be a successful and happy year for all.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about being overcome when in a bead shop! It's just like being in a big sweet shop when you're a kid, not knowing what to have but secretly wanting it all!
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also meant to say I love the necklace and bracelet!
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gold standard, in one form or another, will prevail long after the present rash of national fiats is forgotten or remembered only in currency museums.

    coins for sale

    ReplyDelete